How to pad your word count...
It's day 9 of NaNoWriMo we're almost a third of the way through and all though I'm still typing full steam ahead, I'm looking down the road to the latter parts of the month when I will probably start running out of ideas.
In order to get to 50k as efficiently as possible, consider these methods of word count padding:
- Include lists of items. Is your character going to the grocery store or on a trip? Perhaps one of your characters likes to make a to do list to start off the day.
- Introduce a character that likes to spontaneously break into song.
- Take the time to include a detailed description of the scene. Really get descriptive. Include points on all five of the senses: Sight, Smell, Taste, Touch, and Sound. (Ooooh, Look! A list!)
- Have the character get into a heated back and forth and back and forth argument.
- Add a prologue or an epilogue. Each is good for an extra 1000 words or so!
Keep that word count flowing! :)