Lyla Campbell
I saw this story on my morning news crawl just moments ago (see the link below). After nearly falling out of my desk chair laughing, the infinite possibilities of how this woman got herself into this situation began scrolling through my mind. It was just too good not to share!

So, for a writing exercise: write 3 very different versions of how this woman got into such a stickey wicket. Going the extra mile: turn your favorite version into a short story.

Naked Woman Rescued From Cliff in California - FoxNews.com

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week! I'll see you all on friday with a new Writing Week in Review.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7
4 Responses
  1. I had quite a good chuckle over this, too!

    What is your version of her story?


  2. Jeff King Says:

    Yes, i would love to hear your version...

    thx for the link


  3. There are two versions fighting for the top spot in my head:

    the sci-fi version: Woman inadvertently walks through a portal between two parallel universes and her clothes don't come with her. Now she's not only stuck in our world, but she's stuck naked on a cliff without clothes and can't get back the way she came.

    the mystery version: the woman has only spotty broken memories of how she got on the clif. Over the next few days visual triggers bring back some of what happened. But not fast enough. She's been implicated in a murder not far form where they found her and thanks to her memory loss, she can't provide an alabi.


  4. How about yous guys? What's your version?


Post a Comment